Sunday, December 28, 2008

BarCamp Harrisburg! January 10th, 2009

I'm a greenhorn when it comes to unconferences, social-media, and presenting, but BarCamp Harrisburg, will be my 2nd BarCamp this year, and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited!

My "virgin BarCamp experience" was in Philly this past November. The one-day event introduced me to so many amazing people, and a ton of great ideas, that I was itching to find the next unconference to attend. Little did I know, Harrisburg would be the my next! This time, I even intend on hosting a discussion (based on using open-source apps), which is a little scary, but it's all part of the experience!

BarCamp Harrisburg will be hosting at Temple University's Harrisburg Campus, on January 10, 2009 from 9am-5pm. It's free for all social-media types (check the wiki for registration details). With the size and popularity of our monthly Central PA "Tweetups", I'm excited to participate in BarCamp Harrisburg. I hope to see all my Central PA friends, and I'm looking forward to meeting new folks!

p.s. if you have questions, find me on Twitter! @rorowe

No comments:

Post a Comment