Sunday, October 5, 2008

What advice would I give Oreo?

Today, via Twitter, Chris Brogan asked:

I'm not a social media expert by any sense of the word, but I'd like to think I have a good idea on how to utilize things like Twitter, Facebook, Plurk, Flickr, etc. for the good of a company (or at least, myself). So, here's what I'd do:

I'd sell the Oreo brand on some sort of family-friendly event. Family portraits with oreo cookies and milk mustaches, where all the pictures are uploaded to an Oreo-themed Flickr account, maybe. The families can choose to save, transfer, or possibly print out their shots, and Nabisco/Oreo could ask permission to use some of them in future promotions?
I think the other component would be to have the families share the experience via blogging, their own photos, text messages, etc. (This is the part that I think most brands would be concerned about because of the possibility of bad press.)

Am I on the right track here? I like trying to think like I know this stuff, or like I have the first clue how to market something. Got a better idea? Something I should change? Lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment